Wednesday 11 August 2021

A stopover from Harbin to Hailar in Qiqihar (齐齐哈尔)

              I really wanted to see Inner Mongolia at the start of this trip.  I decided to have a quick stopover in Qiqihar before heading on to see the grasslands of Inner Mongolia. So, I planned to just spend one day in Qiqihar.  I got to the train station and then I had to go through the (now daily routine)  check of my passport stamp , my visa stamp when I arrived in China , the health check , the vaccine check and that was before looking at the ticket check

            At Qiqihar they saw from my health app. that I had been through a couple of places that had rumours of positive tests in the last 2 weeks so they made sure to tell me to wear the mask at all times (which was a bit suffocating but fair enough.)

                                    

                                           Welcome to Qiqihar! (欢迎来到齐齐哈尔)

          I found a place about 2 km from the train station , a nice family run hotel place where they offered a nice place to stay for the night.

          Then I walked around the local park for a while. 

          As I was walking around the park , somebody rang me asking for my location (something which is quite hard to give when one is unfamiliar with the town.) Then, they asked what hotel I was staying at so I gave them the address (from the meituan app.) I decided to head back in the general direction to the hotel.

Something which I have never seen anywhere else.
A statue of a heavy guy. 


I need to find a shadow fast


This is better.
Time for the skin to recover. 


Peaceful scene

Serene

              As I reached the hotel , the owners started shouting in my direction that the woman in charge of registering people was at the hotel. 
              So, I was marched down a couple of blocks to a place where I had to register all my details again. On the way down, the woman in charge asked me a few questions like where did I come from, how long have I been in China (I would love to have that on a t - shirt at some point (with my visa and passport stamp pictures on the back of the t -shirt. ).) She thought it hilarious that I mispronounced Yiwu [Something , I can never understand.] 
               Eventually, I filled out all the forms, she took a photo of me with the mask on (which was a first) and then slammed the door of the building as I walked out. I thought I better move on to Hailar as soon as possible.

Interesting Drawing 1


Interesting Drawing 2


Does YATOO! remind you of something?
hhhmmmmmmmmm


Buying a burger.
Apply the cheese yourself!

         
               Anyway, time to take the short enough train journey to Hailar!

No comments:

Post a Comment