Sunday 8 May 2022

3D pictures in Luoyuan (罗源村) village

          I had heard that there is a place close to Pujiang city called Luoyuan and about 7 years ago, the local government decided to spruce up the houses a bit. So they invited people to paint some 3D pictures on the gable end of their houses. I had seen this in another village and it looked pretty funky so I thought it might be a bit of a challenge to cycle the 38 km to get to this place and then relax once I had climbed the mountain part!

I usually use the Baidu map app. to get to new locations and this was no different. I was not sure of some areas and China seems to be constantly changing. I am glad this app exists ,though!

Stop kidding me , which way to Luoyuan?

Cutting the front lawn is a lot tougher for some people 

        I still like looking for signposts to get me to my destination. Here one can see the big signposts on a main road and closer to a village.



Follow the 3D sign

                                                    
                                             The local signpost was well equipped for Korean , 
                                                         English and Chinese speakers.

 I started out on a main road but I found out after a while that I would be encountering many different styles of road ranging from the one occupied by the goats in the first picture to this country style throwback of a road.

No potholes here!


 It took about 2 and a half hours to get here. Once I arrived , I kept bumping into statues in interesting positions.

I hope they are nor running away from the exhibits


Even superheroes have to live somewhere you know!
 
This place is interesting. Some paths look very different to the rest of the village.
Stone paths and houses are not common here

  The entrance to the village is a series of hairpin turns but there is a turnoff where one can see the village from a vantage point.



Road to the viewpoint


Luoyuan is in the distance

      To be honest, I prefer to look at old style houses as opposed to the 3d paintings. 
I hope they have an A.C to keep cool.


looks like 春联 (couplets) on the main stanchions.


Better or worse than turf?



peaceful place


          Here are a few pics of the paintings that one can see in the village itself. It is a quiet village but there is nothing wrong with that!
Nice use of shadow painting




The 罗 in 罗源 is the same 罗 in 罗马 (Rome)
This painting represents Roma.


Elephant ahoy


From the movie 'Up' 


I need to look for some real dolphins.


Gorillas in the mist 





I wonder who the woman at the centre of the painting is?




                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment