Tuesday 8 May 2012

K.L 33.3333333


         I thought to myself,'why not throw up another blog while traveling between K.L and Melaka'.(note to self: stop thinking!!)
Anyway, just found the bus station at 'BANDAR TASIK SELATAN' (The rail system within K.L is similarly laid out to the one in London.) and I am just waiting for the air conditioned bus (ticket cost 10RM) to take off.
I might as well put up some pictures now!
A few days ago, I wandered into the KLCC (convention centre) and there happened to be an International beauty convention being held...To be honest,I was not pushed on seeing how good a hair stylist Lois Lee (some dude who I am sure is one of the best) was or who would win the 'battle of the brushes'.so, I moved on. (I had a sneaking suspicion that this convention was  being held so tonnes of cosmetics could be flogged!)
    Anyway,I went up the K.L (Menara) tower afterwards and caught a cool view of the city.The ticket cost me 40 big ones and I got the choice of
a.) going to the local zoo at the bottom of the tower. (where there are tonnes of snakes and the 2 headed tortoise)
b.)  get a pony ride
c) play computer games. I opted for choice a. (but I took heed of all the warning telling me that most of the snakes are venomous!)
                                             

                                                    

Later that evening,I was going to watch the f.a. cup final but I couldn't be bothered as I kept getting mixe up in time differances between the UK and Malaysia. well, that and I'd rather head out and try some of tbe local food.
(note to self: stop guessing where people are from. When I arrived at the hostel,I was talking to Shahid and I asked him which part of India he was from, He answered 'Pashawar' [which is in Pakistan] d'oh! (He didn't mind though).  A couple of days ago when I walking aimlessly through the streets ,a woman stopped and helped me with directions.After a few seconds , I asked her, which part of America she was from and she answered 'which part of England are you from? - no,I mean which part of Scotland are you from - no, i mean which part of Wales are you from?'.I think I touched a raw nerve as she was Canadian. (In case you are wondering, I don't care if people think I am from England, wales, scotland or the moon!) )

        anyway, back to more photos!

Entering the temple at Thean Hou (I think I need a shave!) I was able to take one of the pink candles and light it up as an Offertory


here are a few photos of a meal being prepared and the place where the meal was cooked.



What's on the menu tonight?

                                                                                     Facade of restaurant


                                                                                       Ready for action!

                                                                                    Preparing the noodles



                                                 here is one of the twin towers at night (it's A bit on the blurry side, dang!)




K.L tower by night 


                                                                           The K.L tower by day. 




A pic of the ticket stub I was given before heading up the K.L tower (and i got this free pencil also!!)






                                                       The 'infamous' 2 headed tortoise to be found at the k.L tower zoo




                                                                     A cool,snazzy name for a coffee shop! 




                          Merdeka square,  This is the location where Malaysia proclaimed its independance from the U.K in 1957.



                         
                                              History about K.L (seen in the History museum- free entry! on Merdeka square)





                                                                               Thank you in a few languages!


I visited the textile museum (still around Merdeka square) whereupon I saw something I had never seen in the flesh before , a loom! and here it is!


                                                                                                    Loom on!



                                               Gratuitous food shot time again!
                                               (The inside of the bread like substance had some onions in it.'Twas lovely!)

                                                             MMMMMMM yummy and a bargain at 3.50RM !




This is just a photo of a train taking off into the sunset (well, if there was a sunset at that time,which there wasn't, so I guess it's just a train taking off!)


No trip to K.L is complete without a visit to the butterfly  (rama rama) gardens 








shots of butterflys (interesting fact: The original name for a butterfly is a flutterby! Also, never kill a butterfly as it's reslly bad luck (and bad karma also!) )


                                                             pig nosed turtle to be found in the butterfly sanctuary



A man faced bug ( I have tried but I cannot really see the face that supposed to appear on that bug though :-(      )


                                                                    gratuitous food shot number 4 million:


a picture of Japanese food bought in K.L  (All I could taste was the rice, but it kept me going so that's the main thing!)



Anyway, I am Melaka bound!
K.L is a cool place and the hostel I  stayed at was grand. I met lads from all over the place (England,Sweden,Australia,Malaysia,Iran,Pakistan,Malawi,Indonesia) and the guys running the hostel were very helpful.
 Thank you Shahid!

                                                                                                      Shahid


Time for some sleep!























































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment