Wednesday 2 May 2012

malaysia one


so I have taken all the tablets now (well, not all at the same time. that might be a bit dangerous) Those Malaria tablets pack quite a punch though . I took the brand that rhymes with Barium....wait a minute, it would rhyme with Barium if I mispronounced Barium.Anyway, to cut a non story long, doctors tell the  user of the drug that there could be a few repercussions from ingestion of the drug . e.g: vivid dreams.
Cut to me taking one tablet and then dreaming of a sequence where I am defending an air base during world war one from some bi-planes  ...yep, i know that sounds a bit mad. (I have an interest in w.w.2 NOT w.w.1!)
       so, eventually I took the plane to London (B.M.I) and then another one on to Malaysia (through Malaysian airlines) the first step wasn't too bad apart from a baby crying for half the journey.Imagine my 'delight' when the people in front of me for the Malaysianpart of the flight consisted of a mam and dad and their 2 kids who did their best to try to drown each other out for most of the journey...ah well,at least, the food tasted edible (although, i seem to like airplane food anyway!)
       Unfortunately, my bags are stuck in transit in London until tomorrow :-( I had to report it to the 'missing bags' people and after they told me about the mishap, they gave me a bag full of shaving cream and razors.I am not sure if that was a present or warning to tell me to stand up straight and look the part!
        Anyway, they told me to take the train or taxi (the train cost 35 malaysian rinngits) no way lads, sure the bus was only 10 big ones! so, after the hours journey in K.L (which mostly consisted of palm trees followed by ahem palm trees and some interesting apartment blocks)

     A block of apartmemts in K.L .It reminds me of the 'mun!




 I got into K.L Sentral. From there , i had to get the monorail out to the hostel (which was grand) The simpsons didn't do the monorail any favours!!
This place went from lukewarm to really hot to REALLY rainy and hot very quickly.
Look at all the air con units here!!!



The umbrella sellers make a killing out here.I am now the proud owner of a garish bright green umbrella..aa..aa..aa
        Found the hostel after asking about 7 people where the building was (For some weird reason, a lot of lads didn't know the place existed despite the fact its within spitting distance of their own premises!) I sat down on the bunk bed and after a couple of minutes, 'crack, the underlying wooden boards under the mattress fell. I fixed it up but the boards fell apart again....eep!then, i had a look at a couple of the other beds.I hope people don't fall from the top bunk in these places that often!
        I bought a samsung phone of a dude who said he had studied in Cork for 3 years (boy). He seemed like a cool bloke but I could understand everything he said so I reckon his cork story was a myth :-)
       I went for a quick walkabout with one of the lads in the hostel (Dan) I recckon I will have to buy a watch just to keep the street sellers off my back!!!  interesting foods seen in the shops though.... mmmm soy bean milk
          anyway, the moral of the day is.....if you get caught in the rain,BUY AN UMBRELLA straight away or all  the documnets in your bag will get soaked thoroughly!!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a blog. *subscribe*

    Also: you broke a bed - you're now a legend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whisper it quietly, I think I heard a noise from the bed I am sleeping in now....I think it might be time to lose a but of weight :-)

      Delete