Wednesday 10 June 2020

Going from Yiwu to Pujiang (浦江)

 It was nice to buy a bicycle and take it for a spin. Unfortunately , I got a bit carried away with it (mre about that later).
      Anyway, I decided to go to Pujiang on the Saturday to see if there is a noticeable difference between the 2 cities.
There seemed to quite a few windy roads on the way.
Note the rain

I bumped into what I think was a funeral cortage in the middle of the countryside. As the weather took a turn for the worse , the people were in no mood to walk in a sow manner.
Walking in the direction of the main road

A sombre occasion

Anyway , I gave way to the cortage and then used Baidu maps to note the general direction to Pujiang. I noticed a cool house just standing on the side of a lake , though.
The lake separates the owner from the main road (which I guess does not get too much traffic passing through.) 


As I cycled more and more away from Yiwu , I could see more vegetation in the fields.
One could get a lot of dinners out of these fields.

Just before I arrived in Pujiang, it started to bucket it down. I had to grab some cover. After maybe 30 minutes waiting , I decided to carry on as I could have been waiting all day. I did notice a shop that seemed to be dealing in nice porcelain jars , possibly filled with white wine.

Baijiu, Baijiu everywhere. I better stay away from the stuff though. 
It is too strong for my noggin.

    As for the place itself (Pujiang) , I decided to have a quick walk around. Apart from the old street, it seemed to be quite the relaxed town. Nobody seemed to wear the mask in the big supermarkets (which is NOT the case in Yiwu.) and the people seemed to be friendly enough.
The old street

I did not hang around for too long before I decided to head back home
Mural, mural on the wall
Who's the fairest of them all?
.... The sweeping views of trees and mountains is the fairest of course.

A nice shop built on what seems to be a moat

On the way home , I cycled a bit fast down a crossway. As I was taking a turn through the crossway, a bee got lodged in my ear and i was distracted from taking the turn in the road.  I ultimately made another quite sudden connection with the road a few meters later. My wrist was tested again (I needed a way to cushion the fall off the bike so I tried to move from left to right.) It left some imprint on the arm, though.
My arm has turned into mantou (馒头).
The day of the accident
4 days later

As regards the bike, it did not get off too lightly. The handlebars seemed to be stuck at a weird angle.
Those handlebars should be straight.
Eep!

Not to worry. I tried to have a look at a bit of nature while cycling home with the bicycle with the weird handlebars. I stopped t take a rest a few times as the temperature seemed to be very high and the humidity is something else.
One can always see people out in the fields here

I wonder if I could just ask the owner if I could buy some food straight off the land

contemplating whether to swim or not

At the end of the cycle, I just grabbed a 土豆牛排炒饭 potatoes, with beef ribs and rice.
This would be a great meal on a cold winters day.
 It is not bad on a sweltering hot summers day either.

I wish there was a bit more meat on the bone though.People here reckon the tastiest part of the meat is  the bit closest to the bone. It seems to taste that way, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Nasty swelling on that wrist, John. Hope you've fully recovered from the fall.

    ReplyDelete