Thursday 4 June 2020

Having a look at the 7-1 Qi -yi (七一村) village close to Yiwu

       I work at a school not too far away from the railway station in Yiwu. So I like to tarvel around the place and see how different the area is compared to somewhere like Dublin.
      Over here ,one can quite quickly find oneself walking into the countryside where the air is quite fresh (if one can get used to the heat at this time of the year!)
      So, this morning when I was in awe of one of the students origami (叠纸) butterflies ,I decided to see how different the countryside is compared to the city. (Of course I had to wait for the end of classes first :-) )
When I was a kid, I had trouble trying to fold a paper in two.
     
     So, I grabbed an umbrella at 5 pm and headed off into the rural area. Over here, evn in the rural areas , one will still see many apartments. Everyone seems to live quite peaceully in theapartments though.
Relaxing by the pond is an event which should be replicated as much as possible

I reached the village of qi-yi just before sunset so I was able to catch a glimpse of the sun setting on the mountain (which is quite the therapeutic experience)
The picture paints a thousand words (So no need to write any more words :-) )
The amount of vegetation on the land is something to behold

During the daytime, I would not even notice the signs on the lampposts 

           Anyway , as I entered the village  I noticed a bit of a din occuring on one of the side roads. Usually in the city, you would hear very loud music and notice older woman dancing to the music. It is no different here.

Dancing by the moonlight (广场舞)

       I was kind of hungry. Normally I would try out some local barbeque (which is all the rage in China) but this time I decided for good old 肯德基味道鸡肉......KFC  local style chicken. It tasted ok, too.

I haven't a clue how actual KFC chicken tastes like but this chicken hit the spot

It is always nice to walk down a street market and look at the foods or just absorb the atmosphere. In the countryside, there is a more relaxed vibe.
How do I get the eggs home without breaking them.
A tricky conundrum


Not too many people. here
In the city, the place would usually be swarming with people


The Chinese bayberry (杨梅) As far as I know it;s a summer
fruit and has a relatively short season.There is a pip in the center
and it tastes quite fruity


Up close view

After walking around for a while , it was time to head back. On the way back , I noticed more dancing but this was more of the dancing with swords variety (although it sounds threating, it is a peaceful dance.)
Watching the movement in unison is quite cool.
I would imagine taking part is on another level

The participants do the full 360 movements.

The focus is all important during these exercises

Anyway......Onwards , upwards and homewards!

No comments:

Post a Comment