Saturday 27 June 2020

How to stay cold(ish) in the heat

I don't know about you but for me, it is always nice to not sweat every time I put one foot in front of another.  This could be a problem in the southern part of China especially during the summer season. The only way I can avoid walking in a pile of sweat 24/7 is to go to the local waterfall. It does not really matter if it is raining at the time of the visit, the humidity is the killer. So, sitting in the waterfall is a cure to the perspiration (as well as having an umbrella to keep some of the heat of my (tomato coloured) head)

Sitting opposite the waterfall can be quite the theriputic experience
Always nice after a big rainfall

The top of the waterfall. 

Sitting under the rushing water seems to heal my wrist anyway.
I need to be careful and not accidentally drink some of that H2O anyway. 

Anyway, after visiting this area , it was time to indulge in a spot of archery. I tried this sport many years ago. I had forgotten how cool it is. But it does take some time to get into the swing of things.

This shot was taken after I realised that I am supposed to be aiming at the target , not the trees that are located about 20 metres behind the target 



Best to aim for the bigger targets as I cannot really see the smaller nes.



After getting rid of the stray arrows

  I must give the archery (射箭) another go at some stage. The area where we tried out the archery also has a golf course. An interesting combination. I wonder if a mixed archery/golf event could be attempted at the next olympics? I took a few more shots around this area.

I never realised that 盆景 Bozai's were so popular throughout China.


The following day, I got out the bicycle and cycled to a place called Kongcun (孔村)  I do not know if it was named after Confucious but I guess he could have used the scenery to help him do what he did all those years ago.
View from one side of the lake.

Spot the non green colours.
This place gets plenty of rain so things grow FAST here.



I need to go back to the waterfall.
Maybe I could grab some food first.

Even the lake has turned green

Interesting shape


No comments:

Post a Comment