Sunday 14 June 2020

Taking the backroads from the dorm at beiyuan (北苑路) to Fotang (佛堂)

I decided to take the backroads to Fotang today. Normally, when I go there I like to walk down the old road and observe some of the Buddhist buildings (The Fo (佛)) in Fotang is the symbol for Buddhism. Today, I decided to take it easy. The temperature was a bit unnatural, though (37 degrees Celsius )(If only I had an egg , I could throw it on the ground and see if it would fry.....but then that would be a waste of an egg :-) ).
Anyway, at the first village outside of Yiwu, it was time for a quick stop and a bite or two of some 鲜肉并 (a pastry with some pig meat in the middle)


Arranged neatly within the barrel.

    After stocking up on .some meat, it was time to head in the direction of the temples. In Yiwu, one nearly always comes across a bridge and this route was no different.

I need to get more sunblock


I guess the set of trees below were deliberately planted at some time. There is a nice symmetry to them, though.
Going green



Feeling the heat off an actual picture

It is always nice to take ones time when cycling in these areas

Mountains due west , Fotang due north

At one point, I asked a woman on the road if I could take a picture, she refused but she did give me a cucumber as a present.
Now, where can I find the rest of a salad...


One inevitably runs into water at some point along the journey here. You can see various water themed areas around here. The leaf motif was appreciated.
Wonder if I could convert a leaf into a fan.


Looking closer into the water, one can see tiny reptilian creatures

We have come to take over the world
(strength in numbers.)

You will see many waterways running parallel to the fields here.
Irrigation is the key



Make me an island...
A flowery island

As with many things in life, one comes across people  who are busy at work on a sweltering Sunday. This is dedication for you.
How that JCB does not fall down the hill is beyond me.

On the entrance to the town, one is greeted with a set of statues that remind people that the average Joe worked their asses off to provide for the future generations.
stunning statures


Scene depicting a tough day for the average 陈

rest is for the feeble

As regards the actual day itself, I ended up chatting with one of the locals who was brought up on the old street. As is normally the case, he was a hospitable host but time was not my friend. My skin was turning into a not so healthy pink glow so it was time to head back and find the waterfall suc that I could get my temperature somewhere south of boiling point.
A couple of months back , the vegetation was not as high as it is today so  I accidentally bumped into a waterfall. I have gone back back to the waterfall multiple times since then. The local people use the waterfall to clean out the veggies. I just use it as a nice place to sit down and not hear anything excpet nature.

I took the picture from the waterfall. In the distance, one might be able to spot the road 


There is a drop of maybe 10 feet to get to the 'falls but it is worth it. 


After hurting my wrist, it feels nice to sit under the falls and let the water wash over the hand.
The water feels good on the back, too.

Anyway, time to head back and grab some more aloe vera (芦荟) in anticipation of more skin colouring .


No comments:

Post a Comment